Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Never fall in love with a deer lease. About the time you think it's forever, someone or something will screw it up. smirk

That is so very true..Might be an insider(s) causing the problem or outsiders trying to buy the lease from under you..

We have no free public hunting over here so nearly all my stalking has been on leases.

The best was a seven hour drive away, but it was worth the travel until things went pear shaped..

Not sure why people expect others to be completely open with all info gathered...If I saw a nice buck or found a nice little hot spot, I might keep the info to myself or perhaps just share it with members who were close friends..

On the other hand, I've passed up shots on bucks so I some one else can take it, plus I've spent a lot of time "guiding" other new /less experienced members to get them the chance of an animal and generally get them started in the right direction..

What I do intensely dislike is people who break the leases rules everybody has agreed to and which are there for the common long term good...

One thing that seems to be come across on here is that many of the leases in the US are very small, ie around 100 acres and have a high number of hunters...

For a 100 acres, I would only share it with perhaps one or two people max and only then if I knew them well and trusted them.

Personally, over here, I wouldn't join a proper syndicate unless it had at least 500 acres and with a max of say ten people, ideally, I'd be looking at a minimum of 800 acres if possible...