This club/lease business sounds like a royal PITA. cry

I've hunted a lease or two,one in eastern Colorado,the other in Wyoming. In Colorado there were only 3 of us and knew each other well,so were in sync with a common objective, namely, for one or two of us to kill the biggest bucks we possibly could.

In Wyoming,there were 10 of us to share 25,000 acres,so crowding was not a problem. Plus I had permission to hunt the adjoining 25,000 acres so there were many options. On the lease, some of the country was too rough for those who wanted to cruise in a truck all day.

It worked great but like any hunting situation it morphed over time and the lease portion got sold. C'est la vie.

Personally I'd rather hunt big remote country sans competition with a big woods component but understand that isn't possible for many people. More's the pity. Multiple deer don't really interest me that much since I like to key on a mature animals. If I get lucky and kill there's always other states nearby.

In places I hunt in New England and central Maine, there is NO competition with tens of thousands of acres to hunt,and big bucks.You don't bump into any sound shooters up there....in fact, you don't hardly ever see anyone in the woods,in the course of a week of hunting.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.