Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
People who argue about nomenclature usually only do so because they're not qualified to talk about theory and technique.

If your slide won't go fully into battery by using the slidecatchrelease, fix your gun.

There are advantages to both methods, good instructors realize that. Some shooters are better suited to different techniques, good shooters realize that.

I agree.

To add to this, any instructor who insists that there is only one way to charge a pistol (his way) is more likely than not, not worth his creds. Quite frankly though, A truly gifted teacher of handgun shooting is about as rare as an honest politician.

I have seen literally hundreds of LEO/.mil/.gov instructors, the vast majority of whom, simply put, sucked.

Figuring out what teaching method (learning style) works for an adult learner is usually the first step, along with not being dogmatic in method of operation.

I have seen more guys than I care to remember recite a canned portion of lecture in rapid fire drill sergeant style, because they think it sounds cool, and makes them look cool, all the while completely losing a good portion of a class, who may be struggling with a portion of the lecture. The struggling students never get it figured out, and totally check out.

It usually goes like this :

"""AAAAAAWWL RIIIGHT! This Heeers the M240 BRAVO! It is a general-purpose machine gun. It can be mounted on a bipod, tripod, aircraft, or vehicle. The M240B is a belt-fed, air-cooled, gas-operated, fully automatic machine gun that fires from the open bolt position

The first step in maintenance is to clear the M240B This applies in all situations,not just after firing The gunner must always assume the M240B is loaded To clear the M240B, the gunner performs the following procedures:

Move the safety to the fire "F" position With his right hand, (palm up) pulls the cocking handle to the rear, ensuring the bolt is locked to the rear (bipod mode)Return the cocking handle to its forward position Place the safety on safe "S."
Raise the cover assembly and conduct the four-point safety check for brass, links, or ammunition Check the feed pawl assembly under the cover Check the feed tray Lift the feed tray and inspects the chamber Check the space between the face of the bolt and chamber to include the space under the bolt and operating rod assembly Close the feed tray and cover assembly and place the safety to the fire "F" position Pull cocking handle to the rear, and pull the trigger while manually riding the bolt forward. Close the ejection port cover.

THEENDANYQUESTIONS!?MOVINGON!
"""

One long winded run-on sentence. The instructors are "cooler" if their ball cab is dirty and they have a big wad of chew in.

Back to the original topic, it simply depends on the activity I am doing, and what I am doing it with.

cool

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com