Excellent points on the accuracy improving virtues of a suppressor.... and I agree, mostly.

But, isn't the point of the ladder to have the bullet exit the bore at a peak or valley in the oscillation pattern?

Dampening affects both amplitude and frequency, creating entirely barrel harmonics.... so hanging the can on, more often than not, would cause the bullet to exit at a new point in the new oscillation pattern. Even though that pattern is now smaller, the odds of the bullet leaving under the identical (ideal) position relative to peak/valley as the pre-can pattern is pretty slim.... thereby negating the advantage of the ladder developed "node in harmonics". Yet somehow, those rounds are not only equally as accurate, but often more accurate.

Furthermore, no one would expect the accuracy of the load to be the same if I said "hey, let me hang this 1lb weight off the end of your barrel while you shoot". But, you're telling me that somehow because it eats up some blast , and slightly "dampens" vibration, the suppressor is exempt from its effect on the oscillation pattern and muzzle position delta that the any other added weight and length create (BOSS, MagnetoSpeed/"tuner", etc.)?

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......