Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Hey dog,

If barrel harmonics and bullet exit times do not affect load accuracy, please explain what does.

Why does a load at a particular charge and depth one-hole and another, a grain Higher or lower, shoot poorly?

I don't know.... that's what I'm saying.... but again, there's no way that adding a can (or other weight) doesn't change the harmonics. It changes them, period.

So what I want to know is..... if it is purely about harmonics.... how come when you change the harmonics with the can, it never adversely affects accuracy.... even though the harmonics are obviously different?

Is the dampening(?) effect that great?

If so, how come all the bench rest and f-class guys aren't running can's? After all..... it should be far easier to develop loads with those pesky vibrations significantly damped.

I mean, if simply adding a suppressor can remove all the harmonic variables..... then why would you ever develop a load without one?

How come all the rest of the devices designed to damp vibration and modify harmonics, therefore change accuracy, are moveable? Could it be that they realize not every load/barrel needs to be "tuned" the same way?

If I put one of those Limbsaver Tuners on my barrel...... will it possibly make an accurate load shoot worse until I get it in the proper spot where the load jives with the "harmonics"? Why?

If so, why is it that the suppressor somehow works every time to damp vibration, and change the harmonics.... but it is fixed, and never adversely effects accuracy?

Again.... I don't know the answer to your question Ric..... it could be an internal pressure Mecca is achieved, or or the curve is developed at a different rate, or whatever. But the same could be said for changing a primer.... or seating depth, or a lot of powder. I do believe the loads are more stable.... and I believe harmonics is the big piece of the puzzle.....

4th, Jordan..... you're smart dudes, and I appreciate you guys taking the time to reply. Thanks for the grammar lesson Jason.... I tried to take it to heart.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......