Originally Posted by Dogshooter

So.... a good ladder load could have less to do with barrel harmonics.... and more to do what happens as the bullet leaves, and immediately after the bullet leaves the bore?

Could there just be a jive between the bore exit pressure, bullet base, and crown shape that has less affect on the bullet than other loads of slightly higher and lower charges?

I wonder what would happen if you took a good ladder developed load, and then changed the crown shape drastically. That would do nothing to the harmonics of the barrel.... but could/would change the accuracy of the load.

If that did happen.... then it would be obvious that Ladder loads have less to do with internal harmonics, than they do with the relationship between pressure, bullet shape, and the crown. Which would also coincide with my theory as to why suppressors nearly always aid in accuracy.... while other "dampners" may not.

Just a thought.....

Dog,

If you search for "traveling wave theory", Chris Long describes what he believes is a pressure ring that runs up and down the barrel. I think he claims that bullet exit while the ring is at the muzzle is bad juju.

I'm not sure anyone has confirmed this or not, but remembered it after reading your post above.

Jaosn