Middlefork_Miner: I have a long time friend who is NOT prone to exaggerate (like MANY of my friends are prone to do) and he drinks a special kind of Cherry Juice to over-come Gout pain in his feet/toes.
He swears by it!
In fact I just took him to the Bozeman, Montana airport where he was going to begin the first leg of his flight/trip to Belize.
Unfortunately his kind of Cherry Juice (or any at all - I forget) is not available in Belize.
In his baggage (not in his carry-on's) he had stowed 64 ounces of his brand of Cherry Juice - IIRC this 64 ounce stash of liquid is the limit for ANY type liquid going into baggage.
Anyway he drinks just 3 ounces of this pure Cherry Juice a day to completely alleviate his pain.
His stash of Cherry Juice will only last him 21 days or so and he will be in Belize for 45 days!
So he was mulling all kinds of "plans" to get someone on his main leg flight to take a jug of the stuff along for him - I advised him that this MAY raise some eyebrows when he gets to his long lay-over in Seattle.
Anyway he is convinced that the Cherry Juice is the ONLY thing he has tried (including multiple prescription drugs) that removes his joint/Gout pain.
I hope your new found "cure" is a long term aid for you.
I have never tried the stuff - maybe I will though.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy