Originally Posted by Tanner
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by Tanner
Originally Posted by Calvin
I will add that one of the biggest factor in staying warm is a good stocking cap that stays on. Keeping that heat from escaping from the top of your head makes a huge difference.

This x 1000. If your dome-piece gets cold, good luck staying warm.

Tanner

Notice I said "stays on".. (grin) I had one beanie on a hunt that would work it's way off during the night. Wake up freezing cold, find it, put it back on, and be warm again in 10 minutes. I know they supposedly debunked the myth of heat escaping through your head, but every experience I have had either cold weather camping or winter fishing has told me to keep my head covered with a beanie.

No doubt, they like to come off in a mummy bag often! I've taken to either using a beanie with strings that'll tie under the chin or putting a hood on over the beanie as an extra layer. Seems to work well.

Hate me.. but wiggys sells a lite sleeping hood, that we use in AK every fall... allows the head to be out to breathe normal air.. LOL, but stays in place all night.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....