Originally Posted by rost495
I"d rather hike in that far, then set up a spike, and then hunt furhter out/in from there.

BTDT tied to truck camp, if the animals are further in it really sucks... if not, you can adjust.

Wife and I did bivy bags one year, they were ok too in decent weather.... nothing like keep moving until you find elk sign and then start camping...

if we killed, take care if it, then head back to the truck where ever it was with the first load plus our gear, and from then on it was what we could do going in and out during daylight hours mostly...

But I hear ya.

Ever get hold of Lloyd?

No...I still need to try and contact him. smile I confess...I am guilty of posting here defending myself from "Backpackers" who use "Pack Animals" and have been very busy with my off line responsibilities the rest of the day.

I guess they missed the part where I have indeed used Pack Horses Hunting locally most of my life but I would not consider this as true "Backpacking". In fact Anyone who has Hunted from Horseback will tell you it is the only way to go.

To the Deer and Elk you are just another four legged beast and you can darn near ride right up to them. smile

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.