Originally Posted by cwh2
We have run the Mr Buddy heaters in a tent (Bomb Shelter and Cabelas 6-man) and they keep you warm. I like it a bit cold when I sleep, so generally don't do that unless it is really cold. It comes with complications of course, in that you need to provide ventilation. It is pretty nice in the morning to lean out of your cot, kick on the heater, and then wait 10 minutes to get up into a nice warm tent. If you want to get really fancy, cover up the high traffic areas of your tent with These

Keeps the feet warm. Hey, luxury is underrated.

Lots of good tricks mentioned already. Nalgene full of hot water in the foot of the bag is one of my favorites. Try to not be cold when you first get in the bag, whether that means 20 jumping jacks outside the tent or having a heater.

Then of course, there is whiskey.

The getting warm is a big key, insulation is neutral. Most don't consider this.

Same with getting up in the morning, IMHO, we keep our clothes in the bag, not on, but in the bag, putting a cold layer on is a key to getting a chill first thing.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....