Love my A-bolt 260Rem but had to shed the original stock. The Xbolt seems like it would handle recoil better. The B and C I replaced it with certainly does. I prefer the detach mag system on the a-bolt though plenty seem to bash it.

The most common knock I hear is the bolt innards are too complicated for reliability in extreme conditions. Its materials and design have been called into question in cold, salty, environments. Of course plenty of owners disagree. Some haven't liked the triggers but a new spring took two minutes and mine is perfectly crisp and almost too light. There wasn't a whole lot wrong with it to begin with so I never understood that rap.

I am a big fan of the short bolt throw, tang safety, and smooth cycling. Only thing I don't like on mine is the shiny chrome bolt shroud. Why on earth......

I take it in to the woods more than my Remington or CZ- but would never part with any of them. Topped with a Vx3 it is one easy toting accurate rig.

Last edited by kenjs1; 02/23/16.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius