I bought an Abolt 10 years ago in a pawn shop in Jackson Hole, when my old Savage 110 broke, while hunting greys river drainage. Had that 110 for over 20 years, never a problem till then. The guy in Jackson gave me a good deal on the Abolt, and threw in a leupold scope to make it a fantastic deal. I got a nice deer and have been using that rifle ever since, very accurate, never a problem, same leupold scope. I got a medallion in 25-06 from a guy, who just had to have a wsm, got it cheap, beautiful wood, shot sub MOA. But I've never cared for the 25-06 round, and it sat in the safe. I sold it. I have a 700 varmint in .308, shoots very well, and a 7600 30-06, shoots very well.
Never had problems. I really don't care about brands. Whatever works. But my limited experience with Browning rifles has been very good. If I really needed another rifle, and it was a good deal, I'd get an Xbolt, or a Tikka, or a 700, or the new economy Merkel. I've had a ton of other rifles in various calibers and brands over many years, and know that if I maintained them, they work just fine. These days, what I got works fine.

Last edited by Wyogal; 02/28/16.