Originally Posted by country_20boy
I never understood the Browning hate.
I always thought they were great rifles until I joined this forum, but luckily now I know they are crap......
When I spend $700-$1000 on a rifle, I expect to take it and shoot it and kill stuff without having to fix it or modify it or adjust it or bed it or replace half of it.

And to your point, I had an M-77 with a tool-marked barrel that I replaced with the Browning. So it's a fine rifle except for that, which means not. Or that Kimbers have a lot of shared stories of accuracy problems with the wood stocks, but they're great too I'm told. Well, a rifle is only as good as the one in my hands works. My X-bolt does everything great. I wish the bolt lift was a bit longer so it would be a bit lighter, assuming that would do it. But hunting, when I cycle a round, it is not done daintily. I can do it with the rifle from my shoulder so not really much of a problem.
Sure, I had to get used to the looks. BUT I didn't have to get used to the feel. It handled and shot great. Nice on my shoulder (light) and great to shoot. I wish some shotguns mounted and pointed as well.
So that's why I was wondering why no love for the X-bolt. I know now. Thanks for the comments.
Syl