New isn't always the answer, but it isn't really bad either. You should look at the Mathews line and in the Halon in particular. The advances in bows over the past 12 years is worth consideration.

I had a Hoyt Trycon in 2007 and tried the Mathews "Drenalin" and it was an improvement over the Hoyt. I have had several new bows since, but with the Monster "Chill" I have been pretty happy. If I can sell it, I will buy a new Halon, if not, I will keep it.

My oldest son is an excellent shot with a bow and won 2 bows in the last 3 years, shooting league. He got the Hoyt Carbon Spyder 2 years ago, when he was shooting a Mathews Z-7. He says that his Mathews was a better shooting bow, but since he won it at the shop, he should shoot it there.

This year he won a Bow Tech, but isn't going to open the Box, he will trade it in on the Mathews Halon and sell the Carbon Spyder.

New bows are easier to shoot, faster and more quiet, you really should consider a new bow, you wouldn't be sorry.

My son has also killed his share of nice elk with a bow, it isn't just for shooting at the range...

[Linked Image]

Last edited by shrapnel; 04/13/16.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]