Originally Posted by smallfry
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by SNAP
I own three P-64-70 Fwts in .270, two Brno21Hs in .280, one HVA-Kreiger in .280 and one Kimber MA 84L in .280AI, prefer 150NPs-.270, and 160NPs in all four .280s.

Cannot tell ANY difference in effect on any BC animals and there are NO "better" rounds with good bullets for BC hunting, but, I do like a CRF .338WM-250NP for solo hunting in Grizzly country.

It is best to have several of both and a few .338s, too.

Best post so far. I agree with Dewey..

Especially the 338 parts grin

My first "real" rifle was a Pushfeed M70 Featherweight in 280. Great rifle, great cartridge but I soon rationalized myself over to a 7mag and then further rationalized myself into a 270win. Really I think the 280 is great but I have always had two sides to rifle cartridge selection. One where I don't mind having hard to obtain or wildcat cartridges I find interesting and the other having a mainstay of no nonsense mainstream cartridges. That is where and why I floated over to the 270 over the 280.

Fans of 7mm often criticizes the .277" for having bullets with poor BC, but all calibers and catagories of high BC bullets can be ordinally ranked and the 7mm can be criticized as not at the top of the heap as well. The long range community is driven by two factors: fear and paranoia, and largely don't represent the vast majority of hunters. This is because people don't worry that if they choose a 270 thier Magic bullet will stop working at 620 yards as opposed to 680 yards had they picked the 280.

Great post. True!

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.