Originally Posted by WhelenAway
Originally Posted by jeffpie
Lol ,280 what only 3 names changes but "what da hey" it still can't carry water for a 270 WCF nuff said fred .

Attention Walmart shoppers, Remington CoreLokt 270WCF ammunition now on sale in aisle 3 blush

Sorry . . . can't help myself, because dumbass statements from 270 owners like the one above make it so hard for me to like the the 270, and I own several.

In every measurable (case capacity, bullet selection, high BC bullets and attendant factory barrel twists) the 280 owns a slight advantage.

For the factory ammo Walmart shopper, the 270 is king.

Why do you mock people who shop at Walmart? The 280 isn't very popular because since 1957 not many people have wanted it. Plain and simple. You can numerically compair any two cartridges, but thier values don't nessasarly equate to an "advantage". In the case of the 280 the "advantages" you claim seem to have very little impact over the 270win pragmatically or in popularity. Also, there are cartridges with lesser "advantages" as you described them that are not only newer but more popular than the 280, for example the 7mm-08 and the 6.5CM.