The 95Ballistic is the brainchild of Gale Root. Gale was the Chief Ballistician for Nosler for many years ... he was (and is) a total .243 Winchester lover.

Gale designed the 95Ballistic for big game and he told me many times, "Steve, if there ever was a perfect big game bullet, it's my 95Ballistic."

I believe him. Besides designing the 95 as THE go-to big game bullet, he designed it as HIS bullet to cleanly kill large critters with.

Over the years, Gale cleanly killed many, many deer, lots of big elk and several nilgai with the 95Ballistic.

In fact, as I remember, Gale had it as a personal challenge to kill a "FIVE BUCK" bull elk every year. Every elk season, my buddy Gale would fill up his gas tank and travel out of Bend and into the Cascade Mountains. And there he would hkill an elk that was at least a 6X6 bull. And if he got back to Bend, filling his gas tank for UNDER five bucks, he'd met his own personal challenge.

The 95Ballistic is as good as big game bullets get in .243".

Gale also designed the 70Ballistic. It is a coyote/predator bullet with few equals. It is NOT a big game or deer bullet, although one of my biggest mule deer died to a 70Ballistic in about .000000001 nano-seconds when I clobbered him with my .243 Ackley Improved ... I literally never saw him go down; one second he was there and then he was gone ... Bang Flop Dead.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Blessings,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397