i bought one of those super redhawks years ago in 44magnum and it was what got me into casting. I like that scope. The idea being to shoot something at relative close range. I think it needs a bipod and you need to wear suspenders if it's on a belt.
I have once or twice fired some loads in it most people don't want to shoot all six.
having said that i popped a pretty good size elk a few years ago with a 41magnum, 210grain golddots. It was alreay wounded, and couldn't get up but i finished her with the revolver. One right behind the head it bulged her eyes out from the pressure, and smoke coming from her mouth to put it bluntly. I should have shot her with the revolver to begin with, it would have put her down. And she was a lot larger than any deer you are going to run into.
I remember brian pearce saying he put a 44special clear through an elk, and i believe it. few months ago i was slinging a 310grain lee cast bullet, powdrcoated, through a contender. It went through 7gallon milk jugs. Next time i do that its going to be `12 or so. But the beauty of any of these is you can load them down to reasonable levels unless you are going to deal with a grizz.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 04/28/16.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO