Originally Posted by prm
I have 3 blanks loaded up that I cycle through while sighting on various targets. Repeat a few times a night for a month prior to hunting and the sight picture really steadies out. Likewise, if I don't prepare, I know my shots will be further limited.

This is in line with my post a few weeks ago regarding dry-fire practice. I've read that Bell was a huge proponent of it. I've started using a magazine full of snap caps, and I can already see the improvement in steadier hold and calling my shots.

By the way, as for alcohol helping, sometimes it's an issue of adrenaline. Some folks get the adrenaline rush after the shooting is over, some before (i.e., buck fever). From what I understand, among other things, alcohol serves as a beta blocker that can help calm tremors and steady the nerves. Prescription beta blockers do the very same thing, only far better, and without the worry of falling out of a tree stand. whistle

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown