Originally Posted by Seafire
Just picked up a 1917 Enfield, that had been sporterized, Fajen Stock, cock on opening done to it, trigger tuned, new barrel, Lyman Globe sights front and rear, for less than $300.

This is a rifle that is 98 or 99 years old, Remington built ( not Eddystone).... will many of these budget rifles new on shelves nowadays be around in 98-99 years from now?

Bet this Enfield will.

oh and it is more than accurate.

A lot of us mentioned used, but the OP scoffed at the remarks. You know you can't find a good used accurate rifle anymore these days..... whistle His friend is also "gun savvy" according to the OP. My question to all of you loonies out there is, how many of you truly "gun savvy" types have ever got burned buying a used 30-06 rifle? Generally, gun savvy types know what to look for when buying a used rifle. Some of my most accurate 30-06 rifles were used when I got them. As a matter of fact, the only 30-06 rifles I've ever bought were used, except for 1. 1 POS Remington BDL hot off the shelf, brand spanking new and I had to send the POS back to the factory because the chamber wasn't cut right. I can't list all the used 30-06 rifles that I've had, that were damn good rifles and accurate as well/hell because there were just too damn many of them. I'm thinking the OP's friend is not as "gun savvy", as he's letting on. wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA