Its nice to see the art of off hand shooting isn't dead and that a bunch of animals are.

There is nothing faster than offhand with iron sights.

At 14 I shot my first deer offhand on the dead run at 60 yards right through the heart. But just because you can shoot that way doesn't mean it isn't the least accurate method. I'll only use it when nothing else would work.

I'll take a knee in the real word faster than most guys shoot offhand and extend my range from under 125 yards or so to over 300 with that less than a second move, certainly faster than I can use a sling to steady my aim. But you should use what you practice and one knee is faster and steadier for me. I'd prefer to be sitting but that really does take longer.

Ive killed moving deer and elk from a walk to a run from a knee way more often than offhand. I'll shoot a bow or shotgun from a knee, sitting crouching whatever it takes to get the prey.

Field rests are what is available - I've always thought it would ne nice to shoot at an animal from prone position but never had the opportunity.