Originally Posted by comerade
Originally Posted by Adk_BackCountry
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
I spend most of my range time shooting the 2 and 300-yard gongs off hand. Once I get the rifle zeroed I'm either shooting from seated on the ground or standing off hand. I was at my best when I was shooting groundhogs two days a week back in Maryland.

Edit for side note: I was banging away at the 200yd gong with my scoped 223 and there was an ancient gentleman down at the end of the range matching me shot for shot with a '03A3 with iron sights. It was humbling.

That is the truth too! I was at our local range and an old timer was hitting a 5-inch plate at 220 yards shooting off hand with Winchester M70. 3 out of 3 was the norm. My barrel is waving all over the place with off hand range shooting.

What is the secret to better off-hand shooting?
When I am doing well I bring the crosshair over the target the same way everytime.I anticipate crossing the 10 ring.It is not a attempt at a steady hold on the 10 ring...just my way.What do others do ?

By far, IMHO thats the best way to set up the quick offhand shot..... bring it in the same wobbly slow speed every time and start to break the trigger as you get there... usually goes bang when it should... but to me this also means not trying to start that trigger break until you are at least in the vitals of the chest and then breaking it fast.

I can say, if you wait till its there, its going to usually be too late...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....