RE moving animals, I will not fire at them. Just my choice, but it sure seems like a few folks out there are good at it. And thats great!

My theory though, is for the way and places we hunt, it rarely takes moer than a few seconds to grab some kind of rest, and I'll do that every time. Even if it costs me the game.

Just a different way, but if you practice for getting a rest as another poster noted, then its second nature and quick.

Of course I rarely shoot an animal unless bow or my old war musket, thats close. Generally all my shots are around 175 and further out, its mostly due to where and how I choose to hunt. Pretty common to take at least a couple of shots at 300-350 on a particular trail. While I'm pretty sure I could do that offhand on a good day on our deer, Its much more reliable to get a rest. And since I won't shoot unless I"m 200% sure, its about the only way I do it these days.

Alaska fall hunting is a bit different at times and I"ve made a few quick moose shots around 125-150 off hand with zero other rests around. But they are not small and standing still...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....