Originally Posted by Swamplord
Originally Posted by BobinNH

What is the water capacity of this 7mm LRH? Isn't that just the old 30 Newton necked down?

My Long Range Hunter (LRH) and the Precision Rifled Ordnance (PRO) wildcats are off the 338 Norma Magnum case necked and improved, the PRO series use typical throats and have more case taper, the LRH 'cats are maxed out case dimensions and throated specifically for the heaviest, longest and highest bc bullets in each caliber for maximum powder capacity, I use 300 Norma Mag, 338 Norma Mag and 423 Dakota (Lapua made) brass as well as cut down 338 Lapua Mag brass, no shortage of brass for these wildcats, can also use 416 Rigby brass cut down and formed if the need arises ......

The 7mm LRH has 108.5 gr h20 capacity that was verified with fireformed (once fired) cases

The 375 Ruger is based on the 30 Newton and the 7mm Long Range Magnum (7mm LRM) is off the 375 Ruger, the 338 Norma Mag case offers more case capacity in a shorter case length than the 375 Ruger, all my wildcats off the 338 Norma operate in 3.850" length detachable mags with the longest bullets available

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I still see usefulness in H&H based belted mags as hunting rounds. Some remain really great cartridges, and I think there are a couple of minor advantages to the belt with few of the theoretical disadvantages actually applying to real life. But I also like some of the more modern cases. What advantage do these wildcats have over the .28 Nosler? I was playing with a Nosler Thursday and getting great velocity, reasonable recoil and 1/2" accuracy with the top load I shot and it's a factory round, which appeals to me for numerous reasons.