Originally Posted by Swamplord

most here on the Campfire are stuck in the rut with factory rifles in belted mags and 308 Win based cartridges and have blinders on to stare straight ahead, if you look around some, there has been a ton of activity on the 338 Norma case and all of is positive

Boy you got that right...the short action boys twist themselves into knots and will argue for pages whether their latest short action creation and some wonder powder will get another 100 fps. ,if they stand on it hard enough. And of course, there's no pressure smile

If they'd buy a rifle with an action a half inch longer, they could chamber it for a cartridge that will easily get that 100 fps and more.

But if you show up here with some 7mm or 30 caliber cartridge design with real legs (belted or non),they'll also twist themselves into knots and use up 40 pages telling you how much it sucks..... and why.....even if they've never used it.

I've even read on here there's no reason for the 7mm Rem Mag....because we have the 308 Winchester.

Hilarious.

Keep working those wildcats Swamplord. Even if I don't follow your lead (I'm happy with what I have), I'm still interested.

Last edited by BobinNH; 06/12/16.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.