Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
I think the following is the ultimate rifle looney do it all combo:

-.224 Weatherby, only in 1:6.5 twist. Modify a suppressed AR to fire the round if you desire a tactical gun.
-7x57 on an old German Mauser with claw mounts that are impossible to find and about a foot tall. Rifle should be re-marked .275 Rigby to make headstamped brass more of a problem.
-.404 Jeffery. Rifle should be built on a highly modified 1917 Enfield stamped Winchester and marked 10.75x73 to make headstamped brass more of a challenge. It should then be sent to half a dozen renowned gunsmiths at the cost of a small fortune to get it to feed.

Honorable mention: 7mm Mashburn Super Magnum because a 7mm Rem, Weatherby, STW or .28 Nosler ain't good enough. For extra cool points, get an original built by Art Mashburn.

Once you have bought and messed with the above and are thoroughly frustrated with dealing with grumpy gunsmiths that require seven years to execute minor repairs, sell them all at a huge loss and get a .223 Kimber Montana, a Remington KS in .300 Weatherby and a Kimber Montana or whatever Kimber calls it in .375 and go hunt.

Can't we just learn from your experience? Or the example stated above? To be honest, I'd be perfectly content with my custom left hand m1917 30-06 and sell the rest of them. Now that is looney in its own right. However, my ultimate 3 rifle battery would look like this. Sorry, all I own is "common chambered rifles". Gave up my 9.3x62mm because it's just a big ol 30-06 wink :

1. Ruger 10-22
2. Pre 64 model 70 270 Winchester fwt.
3. Pre 64 model 70 375 H&H

Now, ask me which of my rifles would be first on the chopping block? whistle. You might be surprised. To be sure, it's not my pre 64 model 70 30-06 and custom pre 64 338 win mag. Looney how that works, isn't it?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA