Originally Posted by Canazes9
Originally Posted by wesheltonj
Originally Posted by Canazes9
Originally Posted by wesheltonj
It was TPWD that allowed Deer Breeding in the first place. And now some Breeders are upset because TPWD wants to regulate the business to keep CDW from spreading to the native population, tuff. Their is no guarantee of a profit when you are in business. In fact most business fail, these folks know the risks.

Yes, but TPWD is now changing the rules of the game years after many of these people invested their personal stakes in the business. When government regulation wipes out a thriving business with a stroke of a pen people are going to get upset, because their livelihoods are being damaged.

Again, I 100% think this should NEVER have been allowed to come to this point, and I think the entire practice should be illegal, not just more carefully regulated. But you can't blame the people that followed a legal business opportunity. This is a TPWD created problem.

David

I don't know any business where the rules stay static. The owners of theses breading facilities can always "hunt" off their stock on their own property to reduce their loses and leave the business, if they think they can't make a profit. I know that sounds harsh, but TPWD first priority is to protect native stock, not the profits of famers.

Most of the bigger outfits will probably be able to comply with this level of regulation. This is going to hit the smaller operators hard. Again, I think the whole practice should be illegal and should never have been allowed in the first place. I'm not in favor of reversing the decision to favor the breeders. I just don't think the breeders are the villains here.

TPWD created this situation, then have subsequently reversed course changing the rules mid-stream. If I had just invested my life savings into one of these little breeder outfits with the eye that one day it might at least partially fund my retirement, I would have been pissed with the new regulations also.

This isn't a loophole that some exploited, that TPWD is trying to tighten up on - TPWD had the opportunity to rule against this BS in the beginning and they allowed it. Now they are beginning to realize this can't continue. Ultimately, I don't think the new rules will be sufficient and ultimately the entire deer breeding farm concept will have to be eliminated.

I can't help but feel sorry for the small entrepreneurs that will be driven out of business because of an initial failure on TPWD's part that they are now being forced to correct.

David

So one should risk the up to 5 million wild deer population here? Because some folks don't want to test and make less income vs none at all?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....