Originally Posted by rost495

David, no flame intended, but read the following

With the commission’s unanimous vote on Monday, deer breeders will have to comply with increased regulation. There will be limited movement of breeder deer across the state, increased postmortem testing for chronic wasting disease and more live testing for the disease, too.

I don't see a problem with any of this at all. It comes with regulations and if you didn't regulate, then why risk our other 5 million or whatever the current pop is of deer here that are wild?

If you are referring to anything else please let me know. I have no other idea what I missed in all this?

BTW if it was the 4 million or so current population, my memory tells me we've been as high as over 5 million in the past... it was a number I recall as a max, hence the wording, up to....

Hmmmm - You haven't read anything else I posted, not sure I should bother a third time.

Oh well, why not....

The new regulations don't go nearly far enough. Commercial deer farming needs to be completely eliminated - nothing less will protect the wild deer population.

The small deer breeder operations that got pissed and walked out didn't cause this. This is a result of bad policy from TPWD from the start. Their foolishness is wiping out life savings and hurting small businesses. Businesses that were started based on TPWD's prior bad policy decisions.

I don't have to be "pro deer farming" to feel bad for small business owners wiped out by TPWD's prior failures. Small businesses that would never have been, life savings that wouldn't have been risked if it were not the prior stupidity of the TPWD. TPWD isn't the hero here - they're bumbling fools finally correcting a problem that they created.

I don't know how to be any clearer than that.

David