I recently bought a little kershaw lock back knife for $15 and have been impressed with how good it is proving to be. Thinking about ithave found that a lot of the things that have served me well in the field for many years are items that were inexpensive to buy and while I have more expensive gear often it is left at home while the cheaper item makes the cut . For example

For the past 25 years I have had a compact 8x Pentax UCF binocular that has been packed all over the place. They are nice and clear and pretty light weight. I recall they were maybe $45 and ebay shows the going for $25-$30 used.

I have had a old southbend spin rod for probably 30+ years . It was about $12 to buy is just a composite glass rod but I have caught everything from bluegill to 12 lb northerns and catfish on it and more poundage than all of my other rods combined mainly because it is either behind my truck seat or sitting behind the door of the garage rigged and ready.

Really my old 870 express also rates this category. I bought it for about $175 in trade goods in the early 80's . It has been dragged around to take dove, quail, pheasents, geese, ducks, turkey, squirrels, rabbits plus various farm pests and targets of opportune

How about you do you have any cheapo gear that you just can't give up despite having more expensive gear available?gear that

Last edited by bangeye; 06/29/16.