I've only been to Africa once (so far), so take this for what it's worth.

1.) take less cloths, and more money....

2.) taxidermy: After having it done in Africa, I will never have it done there again.....dip/pack and have it done in the states.

3.) Don't know about your area, but I took tick repellent, and was glad I did.....the dang things were literally attaching to my boots for some reason.

4.) In addition to any meds you have prescriptions for, I would advise that you get some doxycycline (antibiotics)for treating tick fever, should you get it.

5.) place anything valuable (binos, cameras, laptops, etc) in your carry on.

6.) +1 for whomever mentioned chapstick and sunscreen.

7.) I made sure I had some Rand prior to going over, for tips & small purchases and stuff.....everyone says "just use the money machine at the airport", but what if it's broken? Or you don't have time?

8.) as far as taxidermy cost, I will be more selective next time as far as what heads go on the wall, what will be skull mounts, and what will be photo only. Just remember that if you leave the trophy in country, you will still be required to pay the VAT on the trophy (its still cheaper in the long run).

Have a great time, enjoy the hunt, don't get caught up with tape measures and such, and don't forget to post photos when you get back............

"If you dog thinks you're the greatest, don't go seeking a second opinion!"