Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Originally Posted by calikooknic
whole pork loin

Mine tend to go "dry" even when pulled at 135. Love whole loins but not one of my greatest success stories.

Care to share a technique ?

Pull at 125. Even as low as 115 if going to rest in a Cambro or Ice chest. You can't burn them on the way, but we're talking about 45 to an hour and 15 to get cooked. I pulled last weeks benchrest loins at 120 and put into aluminum steamer pans, foil wrapped, and rested for 15-20 minutes. If it is commercial pork, don't be afraid of it. 140+ when carved, juicy and white.

Sean,
3lb. loin with no rub or injection as I wanted the meat to speak on its own merits when done.Pulled at 125-127 depending where I poked it after being smoked at 275 for roughly 1:55 with fat side down then placed in small room temp cambro (no pre heat) for 30 minutes. Meat was tender and JUICY when sliced.(YAY!) Actually it was DRIPPING. laugh

Just before placing in cambro I couldn't resist sampling a couple of "test slices" while the loin was still on the smoker grate and the meat actually squirted juices when being cut. DANG !!!!

Amazing how a few degrees can alter the outcome of a cook.

Might want to add that I took the loin out of a 38 degree fridge and put it right on the smoker which accounts for the slightly longer cook time.

Thanks for the help, Sir !!!!!

Glad it worked as planned, Denny. As Mike added, over cooked pork is not fit for dogs.

Sean