Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by 65BR
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Only one? For everything? A Remington 870 Special Purpose 21" vent rib, with choke tubes. Done.

Ironically years ago I had one in this model, or the 23" Turkey Special, my Dad had a fit the first time I took it to a duck blind, he remarked the blast, but I'm sure he worried about safety, and that is always to be #1. I sold it...handled well. Seems it was the 23 as it had a camo stock, and the 21 had a "no pistol grip" English wood stock.

Yes, 870s have a reputation, did not know if the latest ones measured up to the old, like the new vs old 700s, Marlins, etc.

Looks like alot of Benelli fans.

Purdy, is purty....and pricey smile

Yes, if ONLY hunting and range work, I would enjoy a nice O/U but I want more capacity.........should the need arise to use something other than "bird shot" wink

Good choices. Folks, what ammo do you prefer for all around personal protection? Is 00 good, or better smaller/more shot? Like the ability to reach further than say #8....

Only comment I have about Benelli, and I'll likely buy one, sooner or later, though the new A5s look good and I have 3 old ones already... benelli a lot of the guys I duck hunt with have them. I generally hunt an 11-87 "junk" gun... I've never had an issue with mine, I"ve repaired 3 of the benellis so far... and a couple just had a bad jam issue in the field, due to not cleaning I'm sure, but I give em the 11-87 and take the benelli apart real quick and wipe down and hit with CLP and they shoot ducks with mine while I'm working on the benelli.. seems strange when they are supposed to be top of the line, and mine supposed to be junk...

I wouldn't call that a "repair." I agree, that does seem strange and goes counter to my 20 years of shooting the hell out of a pair of M1S90's in all sorts of weather conditions and hunting situations. Those guns M2 or SBE? Nearly all the bad Benelli stories feature the SBE as the bad actor. M2's are bullet proof. With properly set up friction rings an old school Browning Auto Five is a damned reliable semi-auto shotgun too. If considering a pump gun my silver worn Wingmaster 870 is dead nuts reliable. I've had several Express models and had trouble with all three Express guns.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.