fwiw,
I truly wish I had simple taste when it comes to shotguns. I've never cared for the Red Label due to construction. The ones I've shot seemed to get awfully loose quick. Granted this is shooting skeet and clays and not birds. They'd likely do fine as hunting shotgun.

I asked for Browning Sweet 16 for my first Shotgun, however, my uncle(the all knowing) had an issue with a 14 year old getting semi-auto as his first shotgun. That is something I do not follow to this day. Nothing would do but to buy an 870 from a friend of his. Received the gun and I was happy despite it NOT being what I wanted in the least. Where I started to HATE that shotgun was shooting incoming dove and I found the gun was a wee bit short. My right trigger hand would bump me in the nose on recoil. The shotgun was actually beautiful. Prettiest wood on an 870 I've ever seen short of the Custom Shop. However, I knew shooting it would lead to a hell of a flinch so I put it down and didn't shoot anything until my brother noticed and loaned me his old Model 11(Remington Auto 5). Then I started to connect... I may just buy a Sweet 16 as that is an itch I never got to scratch and I found an old, but perfect and full box of Western No. 2 16 gauge Shot Shells Marked "New Plastic Shells". THAT has got to be a sign... I love guns.

Out to right an old wrong and believing in it all at the same time...(grin)

Regards, Matt.

NRA Life Benefactor Member