With my two 25-06's I've found a 110 AB with a dose of 7977 behind it is nearly magical.
Started with the 120 gr Speer and filled several truck-loads of hill country whitetail. Used the 120 partition on the 4 elk I took though I couldn't get a group any better than 1.5" out of them, it was still good enough.
Tried the various Barnes over the years, found the TTSX patterned quite well out of one of mine. But the only deer I ever lost with my 25's was with these bullets. Both were struck right behind the shoulder area and both penciled through. One at about 50 yards, the other at 250 yards. Both were 100 grainers.
Never really tried the ballistic tips as I just have too much good luck with the 110 AB's out to 500 or so yards.

Remember, each of our rifles is a different animal. Some, like mine, don't care for one bullet or another and completely love another.
If you're going for elk, try something heavier and more stout than the 100's in my opinion. Any of the above mentioned bullet may be just the ticket in YOUR rifle.

Support your local Friends of NRA - supporting Youth Shooting Sports for more than 20 years.

Neither guns nor Liberals have a brain.

Whatever you do, Pay it Forward. - Kids are the future of the hunting and shooting world.