I've used 100gr bullets out of the .25-06 on a small truck load of big-game animals, and I've found that at close range, under 100 yards, the Sierra bullets and the BT tend to break up if they encounter heavy bone. They still kill animals dead, but they work best when shooting through the ribs. The TSX and TTSX bullets work wonders in this cartridge at 3300+fps. I've only had one animal get farther than about 20 yards, and that was my fault, not the bullet's. I hit a little far back, and only hit 1 lung and the liver, and the animal made it about 175 yards before dying.

I tend to hunt with the 100gr TSX/TTSX in the magazine, and if I need to set up for a long shot (over 400 yards) I'll slip something a little more aerodynamic in the chamber, such as a MK, GK, BT, SST, etc. Don't think that the TSX won't shoot well at long range, as dozens of milk jugs hit at over 750 yards would beg to differ, it's just that I like to use bullets that are a little less affected by the wind when I'm shooting long. Bullets like that tend to work a little better at longer range, anyways.