When Dick's opened a store near me back in the mid 90's, it was not a bad store. I usually spent money in there around deer and turkey season. However, in fairly short order, it caused the closing of two of my favorite independent stores. One of these had the best gun counter in the county.

When the BassPro opened up 5 miles away, it sucked business off Dick's, and they began de-emphasizing their hunting and fishing departments.

I stopped shopping at Dick's about a decade ago. I was in another part of town and had an hour to kill before an appointment. I went into the Dick's they had at the local mall just to waste time. After a couple of minutes of searching, I could not find the hunting and fishing sections, so I asked a clerk. The clerk got huffy with me and told me they had no such departments in the store.

Since then, Field and Stream has opened a couple stores near me. This is Dick's trying to play to the hunting and fishing crowd, and they come off as sort of BassPro-lite. The prices are outrageous.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer