I do have a 257 on it's second barrel, but nowhere near a 30K round count. Probably closer to 5K. I've never had any issues with the over one dozen Weatherbys I've owned, suffice to say I am SURE there's been a few lemons out there.
That said there is no disputing, as reported by the likes of Don Heath and many others, of issues with Remington's thin extractors that are prone to failure (a guy who used to post here under AFP and a big 700 fan for instance) reported a few extractor failures as did Mr. Heath. One need only go as far as this forum to read bona-fide bolt handle separation stories (personally I've only seen ONE), and the trigger/safety issue is not only a matter of record, but litigations are legion and one never hears of any other brand other than 700s. Those issues are factual. Does that keep me from owning them? hell no, although I only own just one, a 22-250 that gets plenty of use on Ground Hogs at our place in PA.

Does the fact it's a push feed bother me? obviously not. So what's left? Looks for one, and I absolutely loathe the looks of Remington's bolt handle knob as well as the Hurst-Shifter look of the safety and lastly and perhaps the worst peccadillo of all, is the fact the safety will not lock the handle. So aside from the non-bolt locking safety issue, it boils down to looks and feel and yes I understand PERFECTLY if people hate the look of a Weatherby, but put them aside for a moment and compare a 700 to a Model 70 or an old Browning Safari Grade and well, the difference in form, fit and functionality as a HUNTING rifle, is not even close. My opinion, that's all.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”