Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by deflave

Don't buy a safety equipped Shield. They suck ass. I should have clarified that in my original post. Sorry.

Sig P938, very interesting, do I want to get into a 1911 style SA gun?

No.

Travis

You dumbass, you should know by now I'm going to ask for reasons,,,,,

I need reasons.

Despite your saying mean things to me I will try and clarify.

The safety on the Shield is (IMO) a poor design and of no value. It is a tiny little feller and most dick beaters have a difficult time "sweeping" it down after the pistol clears kydex or leather. This is my own opinion as well as others that have owned the models with the safety. Also, if the Shield design truly needed a safety, S&W would not market and sell the version without the safety. Some people must have a safety, I am not one of those people.

In reference to the Sig, I'd not go that route for a number of reasons. One, being the sawed off frame/grip size. If you're not a pistolero, you're going to have a tough time learning to shoot with one. There is a chance you're going to knock down plates @ 25yds with one, but I wouldn't bet on it. And again, I don't like safeties and I see no reason for a novice to learn on a safety equipped CC pistol in the year 2016.

Another problem with pistols like the Sig is holsters. If somebody is new to the handgun world, I want them to be able to grab a gun and holster combo, and walk out the door. Carry, shoot, draw and use that combo for a number of weeks or months or even days. If you don't like it, sell that schit and try another. But again, grab the next holster/gun combo that is readily available and see if you like it. This is one of the main reasons I recommend Shields/M&P's/Glocks.

Last but not least you already admitted that cocked and locked 1911 styles leave you less than comfortable. Not comfortable is a bad place to start.

Taking a class can be good. If it's a good class.

I can't recommend spending money on what you see in this picture enough. In 9mm.
[Linked Image]

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house