Do you men have an old M-70 you've been staring at in your safes and have thought, I gotta get that thing out, get it zeroed and ready for a hunt?

Well, I did just that yesterday, my old 300 H&H had been wearing a receiver peep for a couple years now and shooting 220 Partitions, it was a fun experiment.

Went to the shop and installed the old Conetrol rings, bases and scope, bore sighted looking down the rear of the bore, and readied for the chronograph.

I've had a bag of new H&H brass and a pound of RL-25 for awhile now, I have little use for RL-25 in any other guns and wanted to develop a load with it for the 300 H&H, I loaded 72 grs of rl-25 under a 200 gr partition, in new WW brass sparked with a Fed-215, set c.o.l. at 3.585" and headed to the chrono, 2886 fps, went and loaded and fired another one, 2891, perfect, I can live with that.

Loaded up 10 rounds and went to the bench, set zero at 3" high at 100 yards and center, with barrel allowed to cool, three shots then went into .776"..........Ready for fall with renewed enthusiasm for an old friend of a rifle that's been there through thick and thin with me and has never let me down.

If you guys have an old favorite standing idly by and waiting, you may consider gassing it up and getting ready for some hunting this year, I was pleasantly surprised at the level of enjoyed satisfaction I got with this old rifle yesterday.

Trump Won!