Originally Posted by pre64win
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
do you have any H&H magnum stocks laying around. A buddy and I are looking for a nice one.

I have one, but it is cut for a recoil pad and has a birdseye maple Schnabel forend. It's a nice stock, but it's not stock... if you know what I mean laugh

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Anyone ever convert a std stock to H&H. Particularly the 375 H&H????

I'm working on one now. A 1956 marksman stock which was originally a .30-06 and is going to be a .300 H&H bull gun. For the bull rifle, the modification is limited to the inletting for the longer magazine box - it needs to be lengthened by around .25". Converting a standard sporter stock to work with a .375 H&H would be much more problematic, as the barrel contour is so different. If you wanted to go down this path, you may actually be better off starting with a Featherweight stock, so you can open the barrel channel without needing to deal with the wide spot in the channel that accommodates the rear sight boss.

Thanks for the suggestion. That's a great idea. I'll pass that information along.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA