My oldie that needs to be serviced and used again is a pre-war .270. I haven't used it in several years because of weight. Now days that is not much of an issue. My spot and stalk days are over (age/health).

I now hunt either from a stand, hastily assembled blind, or from my Kawasaki Mule, sitting in ambush at water, food plots, game trails, or a feeder. I'm not going to carry it far, so weight is not much of an issue any more.

The old lady was originally purchased by an old family friend, bought when he retired by Cousin, passed on to me when cousin died in an accident some 10-12 years ago.

Padded, D&T, and well used, it is not a collector item. After this season, I may have it turned into a custom featherweight for my grandson. He never knew the original owner and was just a kid when Cousin died.

Best,

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero