Nice! I love the 300 H&H. Partly for nostalgic reasons, but it is really a fine round for long range. I don't personally own a shooter in .300 H&H, so mine lives out a sad life parked in the safe. However, I could see myself loving the .300 H&H for the kind of elk hunting we do up here in Washington - a hunt where you need to get a lot of energy on the target and shots range from 20 yards, out to as far as you are comfortable and competent shooting. Is your rifle a 26" barrel?

Personally, I keep coming back to the .30-06. My first model 70 was chambered in this round and I took my first animal with that rifle... so maybe it has even more nostalgic power over me! That first rifle of mine is now also parked in the safe, but I do most of my big game hunting with a pre-64 .30-06 -a Lilja barrel mated to the pre-64 action, set in a McMillan stock. I had it out last week just to keep in tune with it. I took it out of the case, rested it over a rotting cedar stump and shot just out of center, holding 8" over at 300 yards. Let's go hunting!

[Linked Image]