These threads pop up about this time every year. It's a free country for the most part so if you don't want to support RMEF, you don't have to do so. The allegations of a clique of insiders who are anti-hunting and elitist, and who are soaking the ordinary members while hunting RMEF protected habitats not open to the public is a favorite canard.

I have been a member for over 30 years and a life member for about 16 years now. I have worked professionally with staff and volunteers on a number of projects, both as a volunteer and as a paid consultant. I can assure you that I have never encountered anyone that would be included in the mythical inside mob that is always alluded to in these threads. I have met a lot of hard-working people from all walks of life who believe that the future of elk hunting lies largely in protecting what elk habitat we have left from fragmentation and degradation.

If you are considering joining, do your homework somewhere else than on the internet forums and then make up your own mind.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...