Originally Posted by Razz
Sorry but I disagree with the OP. Here in NM RMEF has supported youth hunting projects in cooperation with other groups and NM Game and Fish. Same for disabled hunter outings at Valles Caldera.

As to being money hungry, How about some facts instead of innuendo.....

Charity Navigator data shows RMEF spends only seven percent on administrative costs and 2.8 percent on fundraising costs. Therefore, 90.2 cents of every dollar that RMEF spends go directly into its mission of ensuring the future of elk, other wildlife, their habitat and our hunting heritage.

And then there is this...

August 18, 2016

RMEF Surpasses 10,000 Conservation Projects
MISSOULA, Mont.—An ongoing aspen restoration effort in Oregon’s South Warner Mountains marks the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation’s 10,000th lifetime conservation project.

“This is an incredible conservation milestone,” said David Allen, RMEF president and CEO. “It speaks volumes to the positive, beneficial impact the RMEF has on elk and elk country from coast to coast.”

Earlier this year, RMEF contributed $30,000 in grant funding to the Fremont-Winema National Forest as part of the seventh and final year of landscape aspen treatment in south-central Oregon where elk numbers are below objective. RMEF funded similar efforts in 2014 and 2015 to conserve and restore aspen stands and meadows in the same region. Also in 2016, RMEF awarded $20,000 in grant funding to begin a similar landscape-scale effort in the North Warner Mountains.

RMEF’s first habitat stewardship project was a 1986 prescribed burn in a place fittingly named Elk Creek on the Kootenai National Forest in northwest Montana. The backcountry burn encompassed more than 1,000 acres of prime elk habitat where shrubs had become overgrown or decadent.

“We are grateful to our many partners who stand shoulder-to-shoulder with us in making meaningful conservation work a reality. We vow to accelerate our conservation mission of ensuring the future of elk, other wildlife, their habitat and our hunting heritage,” added Allen.

To date, RMEF completed 10,198 lifetime conservation and hunting heritage outreach projects in 49 states that permanently protected or enhanced 6,883,479 acres of vital elk habitat.

Land Projects
RMEF purchases important elk habitat from landowners and seeks to convey that property to a federal or state management agency. The agency then acts as steward of the land while providing access to the public. Many land projects also improve access to nearby USFS, BLM or state lands that are landlocked or otherwise extremely difficult to reach.

Easements
A road or trail easement is a right-of-way to enter or cross private land without possessing it or trespassing. RMEF works with partners to negotiate road or trail easements that allow public access through privately held land. Access may be by vehicle, foot, horse or other means. Such projects open or improve access to large chunks of public lands that are inaccessible or mostly surrounded by private land.

Land Exchanges
RMEF may assist a government agency or a private landowner in exchanging lands. These exchanges typically take place when an agency has wildlife habitat lands it wants to acquire. Many exchanges will result in an increase of lands that are open to the public.

Contributions
RMEF may award grants to state agencies for their individual hunter access programs. Grant funding is used to maintain or create new areas for public access.

I get the list of stuff that you posted, but you are missing my point. If they do all of this great stuff, then why are they filming hunts predominantly with dignitaries, instead of taking a kid or just some average member on one of these hunts?

I realize that it takes large amounts of money to do the things that they do, but they rarely applaud small donors/members. They are furthering the view that hunting is becoming a pursuit for the rich and influential.

Oh well, as long as they offer me a good freebee, I may continue to throw them my penance once in a while. sick

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.