Pretty much a leasing game in Florida. Never had any much interest in joining a big hunt club. I lease approx 2000 acres of ranchland just south of Lake O. Not the greatest habitat but adjoins good habitat so we benefit from that. It is a small game, hog and turkey lease only. No Deer. We built a decent camp in an oak hammock and we use the lease about every weekend from Dec-April. Cost is $6000 and I share the lease with only one other guy so 3k a piece. We have zero drama as he and I have worked together and been friends for 30 years.
I hunt deer in Ohio on National Forest land. Its big timber and hilly. I enjoy that and there is virtually no other hunters other than my group of five on thousands of acres. Honestly i sometimes wish there were more hunters to keep the deer up and moving. The guys from Ohio are anti lease as they see that ruining their traditional hunting opportunities. I been leasing land down here for 30 years in some fashion or another so it just seems like the way it is.
I always thought it would be great to live out west were they have many public opportunities and can drive to other states easily for more. I would rather buy tags and gas than pay lease fees. Southwest Florida is a long way from anywhere.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.