Originally Posted by centershot
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Idaho has over 50,000 square miles of public land and almost all is open for free hunting. Except for pheasants, there's no reason anyone should have to pay to hunt.

This^ The day I have to pay to hunt is the day I hang it up. I have no problem helping a land owner fix a fence, pick up trash or assist in any way I can, but to pay for it is another thing all together.

Landowners have costs... costs rise each year. Landowners these days have liability, that they can't control due to suit happy people.

I don't fault anyone for charging. How mcuh they charge can be beyond nuts though.

But as a landowner, and until you are, its hard to realize what it costs just to own and protect the land...

Granted I"m going to have to pay the taxes and insurance among other things regardless, but to ask for a bit of help in return for your use of my property, ain't wrong IMHO.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....