Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
first of all where is all the public hunting land in texas? I grew up there and knew of NONE unless it was around the many lakes in the area mainly used for picnicking and lake activities.

The public lands isssue is the main reason I would never move back to texas. you wanna ride your atv, know someone pay someone or own the land. you want to shoot your guns,know someone pay someone or own the land, you want to hunt know someone pay someone or own the land, you want to fire off your cannon,know someone pay someone or own the land, you want to go 4 wheeling, know someone pay someone or own the land.

I can throw my guns in the truck and head out to the desert or the mountains and shoot anywhere I want to. can't do that in Texas.

the biggest threat we have around here is this push the state is doing to take control of all the federal lands. This happened in the east and south and guess what there is no public lands there anymore.
The biggest cogs pushing the transfer of federal lands to the states are in Utah; Bishop and Chaffetz specifically. Kinda ironic from my view considering the economics of public land to the state of Utah...