They have separate budgets, funds are not mixed. I can see an increase in some licenses. IMO a $45 elk tag is pretty cheap, $90 seems OK. I think that they should have a tiered price tag----cow vs bull/either sex. Doubling the cost of deer tags---that's a little bit different. I will probably give that up and just hunt elk.

There is the law of diminishing returns. No way is a doubling of a small game license worth it. I buy one now just to carry a gun looking for a grouse, when I'm actually scouting for elk. Instead I will just hike & enjoy the changing of the aspens. No way is a spring gobbler worth going from $20 to $40. No way is a fishing license worth going to $50.

But doubling the cost of bighorn sheep. mtn goat & moose will make them money. I'll pay $500 for those tags.

The DOW is in a bad spot. Raising the cost to get more money may end up costing them money. The cost of Colorado's wildlife needs to be born by every citizen of Colorado. We sportsmen have carried the total cost long enough--there is no free lunch.