Bighorn, I understand what you're saying. However, where does it stop? There are always those people that have more money than the rest and that can afford whatever they want with no issues. And, of course, there are always the poor that can never afford it. And finally, you have those in the middle, who as you say, if they really, really want something, can scrimp and save, and pay for what they want.

However, depending on the cost, that might take a year or more to save for. With regard to hunting, I personally don't want to have to wait to only hunt every other year or every third year while I save up the funds. I also don't want my kids to have to wait that long.

I guarantee that as long as the wealthy can afford something and willingly pay for it, the price will never go down. I'm sick and tired of hearing, every year from the Parks & Wildlife, how we need to attract more youth to hunting and then they make it even harder for kids to actually go hunting through lack of licenses, limited seasons, more regulations, and now increased cost.

And do you really think we're going to recruit kids to hunt if their parents stop hunting or if they can only go periodically?

The wealthy hunters always respond with, "Well, if you really want to go on XYZ hunt, you'll save up for whatever the cost is and when you can afford it, you can go." But the ones responding like that are typically the folks that never have to worry about "whatever the cost is." Look at the price of a Stone's sheep hunt or even a Brown Bear hunt. Think those prices are ever coming down? No, because there are too many well heeled customers that have the money and willingly pay what is asked, even if the price is outrageous and ridiculous for what is provided. And yes, I'm sure there are a few middle class folks that either borrow the money or save for many years and actually go on these hunts. But their numbers are very few.

Bottom line, I don't want the cost of a license in Colorado to go up since it will never come down. And the more it increases, the more difficult they make it for the middle class working folks or those on limited incomes to actually get out and hunt. When the hunters quit hunting, what do you think they're going to do? Raise the prices again until the vast majority stop hunting altogether and then they'll just do away with hunting for good since it will affect so few of the population.

Sorry for the rant.