Try being from out of state. My Bull license is $600 and cow another $4XX something. We are also forced to purchase fishing licenses as well. Many of us are also retired, so any additional increase in out of state licenses will really hurt. When you factor in hotels, food, gas and licenses it costs me over $2,000 a year to come up there for one week a year. When I started coming up there in the 80's it costs us around $700. But, I do not pay state income taxes, property taxes, fuel or sales tax all year long. Since residents do, I believe for CPW to double your fee's seem unreasonable. Even though the cost of your Elk license is less than the cost of my instate deer license of $78. Unless I want to hunt with a muzzle loader, that is another $34 and archery is yet another $34. That is until we turn 65. At that time we can get a lifetime combined license good for most hunts for $50. Maybe Colorado should consider something like that. Let those who are still working and under 65 pay more and then reduce the costs to those of us over that age.